Impact News is the only independent community newspaper in Atlantis and its surrounds, and one of approximately fifteen in the entire Western Cape. Under the editorial direction and management of Peter Lategan, the paper is driven by a team of dynamic, positive, and creative people committed to making a positive change through the power of print media.
The publication was established in 2011 to turn around the typical negative perceptions about Atlantis and surroundings. Through positive reporting and focusing on local successes, growth trends, community development, entrepreneurship and many other good causes, the publication inspires young and old, giving residents a sense of pride and hope. As part of our commitment to job creation and community development, we assist learners, youth and students in journalism and related fields, by offering training, guidance and internships. By advertising in Impact News, you therefore not only get the best advertising deal, but directly support our job creation and other youth development projects in Atlantis and surrounds.
PROFILE IN BRIEF
- Print Run: Minimum 17 000 copies
- Readers: 85 0000
- Door to door: 13 000
- Bulk drops: 4000 to strategic points like schools, shops, government buildings etc.
- Footprint: Atlantis, Mamre, Philadelphia, Duynefontein, Witsand, Darling and Pella.
- Readership %: White: 4%, Black: 10%, Coloured: 85%, Indian:1%
- LSM: 4 – 8
- Format: Tabloid size
- Column Width: 31mm x 8 columns
- Frequency: Monthly
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, & IsiXhosa